Association Meeting Minutes|

POND PLACE ASSOCIATION VIRTUAL GOVERNORS’ MEETING May 23, 2024

PROPERTY MANAGER PRESENT

Michael Montgomery

 

 

GOVERNORS PRESENT                  ABSENT

Christopher Rossetti, President          Katia Salokas, Treasurer

Mitch Uzwack, Vice President

Judith Larkin, Secretary

Lois Hessert-Blawie

Susan Jansen

John Williams

 

UNIT OWNERS PRESENT

Sandra Westin

 

MEETING CALLED TO ORDER AT 7:00 pm

Rossetti moved the minutes of the April 25,2024 meeting be approved as transcribed and circulated. The motion was seconded and passed.

NEW BOARD INSTALLED

Rossetti welcomed the 4 incumbent Governors to the Board. He then nominated Mitch Uzwack as President for 2024-25. The motion was seconded and passed.

Rossetti then nominated Greg Weston as Vice President, Katia Salokas as Treasurer and Judy Larkin as Secretary. The motions were seconded and passed.

Uzwack recommended that Rossetti complete the current projects that Rossetti started while president.

HEARINGS

Faith and Frederick Turner of 20 Gray Pine common did not show again for their hearing on active violations. The hearing was again deferred to the June meeting. Notice will be sent to the owners to appear and state why they should not be fined.

RESIDENT/HOME OWNER COMMENTS

None

DRC REPORT

Hessert-Blawie reported that Mark Visconti of 7 Edgewood has not removed his unapproved flag despite being given 5 days to do so. Montgomery will send a notice for Visconti to appear at the June meeting.

As the restrictions in the Declarations on flying flags/banners were ambiguous, Rossetti proposed that to avoid disputes, a Rule be written stating that only the United States Flag/banner is allowed to be hung in the regulation manner. The DRC will present this Rule to the Board for approval at the June meeting. Montgomery will send a revised violation spreadsheet to the Board, eliminating the previous years’ notes, but keeping them on the Master list. The dates given as a deadline to cure violations are as follows:

October 31st for Spring violations and April 30th for Fall violations.

TREASURER’S REPORT

W&K is working with Salokas to implement adjustments recommended by King and King, auditors. The fiscal year 2023 is not yet complete.

NORTHINGTON MEADOWS

 Rossetti made a motion to accept the following slate of officers: Mitch Uzwack for President, Greg Weston for Vice president, Jim Downey for Treasurer and Judy Larkin for Clerk. The motion was seconded and passed.

Rossetti reported that $10,000 will be moved from the Association’s budget to the Northington Meadows budget for operating expenses. He also reported that the herbicide treatment of Stub Pond was postponed due to inclement weather. The dam repairs are still not done, and Rossetti will ask SSS Sanitation or our civil engineers to recommend someone who can do them. 

Downey reported that he needs to check the bank records in order to file tax form 990, which Non-profits must file. He will consult with King and King, our auditors. There is currently $2,500 in the account, and he will approach the Board if more money is needed.

OLD BUSINESS

None

NEW BUSINESS

Hessert-Blawie requested that a flyer for the Thursday Happy Hours be printed as a one-time notice. She can get them printed for $70.00 and will distribute them. This was approved and she will use monies from the Social Committee budget.

 

Rossetti moved to approve the proposed budget as circulated for $153,710.00. The dues for 2024-25 will be $485, a $10.00 increase over 2023-24. The motion was seconded and approved unanimously.

 

Montgomery will be unavailable for June 27, so the next meeting will be held Monday, June 17th at 6:30pm.

With no further business,

MEETING ADJOURNED at 7:37 pm.

Judith Larkin

Secretary

Comments are closed.

Close Search Window