Association Meeting Minutes|

Pond Place Association Inc. Meeting Minutes - April 25, 2024

DRAFT

PROPERTY MANAGER

Michael Montgomery

 

GOVERNORS PRESENT

Christopher Rossetti, President

Mitch Uzwack, Vice President

Katia Salokas, Treasurer

Judith Larkin, Secretary

Lois Hessert-Blawie

Susan Jansen

John Williams

 

UNIT OWNERS PRESENT

Ann Costello

Ana Cruse

Perry Hassen

Rodney LeBlanc

Richard Lane

 

MEETING CALLED TO ORDER AT

Rossetti moved the minutes of the 3.28.2024 meeting be approved as transcribed and circulated. 

HEARINGS

Faith Turner of 20 Gray Pine Common did not appear to report on her plans for correcting the mandatory exterior maintenance obligations. This is the third time since November 30, 2022 that she did not attend as directed. A final notice to appear at the May 23rd meeting will be sent, and Montgomery will make an in- person attempt to contact her. He will also take photographs of the house to document the current state of disrepair.

RESIDENT/HOME OWNER COMMENTS

Perry Hasson of 2 Finch Run asked about the approval of his application to paint his house. It appeares that he filled it out, but did not submit it to Management. He will do so this week.

 

Ana Cruse asked about the drainage project affecting 8-9 Arrowhead, and Rossetti gave her a brief update.

 

Richard Lane of 4 Irontree Court asked about the ongoing tree removal project by the Association. Rossetti responded that all dead and dying trees are being removed at the Association’s expense as per our obligations outlined in the Declarations.

 

Greg Weston suggested the Association consider designating a community space where notices could be posted or gatherings could be held. Discussion ensued as to past attempts to have such a space, and it was decided to bring this up for consideration at a later time. Weston agreed to research a possible meeting space for Pond Place.

SOCIAL COMMITTEE

Hessert-Blawie reported that the Friday night pickleball committee is well underway and should start May 3rd. Montgomery will send an email blast to everyone with a link to the flyer on our website. To date, there have been no complaints of noise. Should there be any complaints, please immediately notify Uzwack or Rossetti.

 

Neither the plant swap nor happy hour groups are currently functioning, but Movie night will be a go, with Salokas and Uzwack helping to set up.

WEBSITE

Weston reported that there is still organizational and clean-up work to do, He is updating the contact information for White and Katzman and for the Board members. Salokas offered to take a photo of any Board member who has not submitted one for the website

PRESIDENT’S REPORT

None

MANAGER’S REPORT

Montgomery has been working on the spring inspection and plans to send a final report next week. He requests that the board send any violations they have noticed to him. Rossetti asked Montgomery to pay special attention to the ongoing problem of trash barrels being left out past the allotted time.  

TREASURER’S REPORT

Salokas reported that she and Downey met with Mike and the business office to work out procedures.  The finance committee met and has drafted a budget for the Association, which calls for a $10/year increase in dues. Rossetti moved that we adopt the Pro Forma budget of the Association, to be finalized at the Annual Meeting in May. The motion was seconded and passed unanimously.

OLD BUSINESS

An update on the purchase of 150 Darling Drive and roadway parcel: Our lawyers are formulating a new easement clause to replace the existing one, which is in favor of Connecticut Water. Rossetti should have the draft by tomorrow morning.

 

Rossetti reported on the Rules codification to be done by Hessert-Blawie and Marjorie Guidice. He will send the rules on his computer to her and Greg McCracken will review the final draft.

NEW BUSINESS

Annual elections and budget vote will be held May 23rd at the Town Hall at 6:30 pm. Salokas, Larkin, Rossetti and Williams are up for re-election. Rossetti noted that, due to health concerns, he is looking for a volunteer willing to take over the job of President.

 

Montgomery reported on an email sent to management with a resident’s concerns as to other residents smoking and trespassing on her property. The concerns were duly noted.

 

With no further business,

MEETING ADJOURNED at 7:34 pm

 

Judith Larkin

Secretary

Comments are closed.

Close Search Window