Association Meeting Minutes|

POND PLACE ASSOCIATION VIRTUAL GOVERNORS’ MEETING March 28, 2024

PROPERTY MANAGER

Michael Montgomery

 

GOVERNORS PRESENT

Christopher Rossetti, President

Mitch Uzwack, Vice President

Katia Salokas, Treasurer

Judith Larkin, Secretary

Lois Hessert-Blawie

Susan Jansen

John Williams

 

UNIT OWNERS PRESENT

Rodney Le Blanc

Ann Costello

Paula Darlington

John Beck

Lynn Boyd

Arlene Gerace

Suzanne Chase

Homidreze Mohensi

 

MEETING CALLED TO ORDER AT 6:38 p.m.

Rossetti moved the minutes of the February 25, 2024 meeting be approved as transcribed and circulated. The motion was seconded and passed.

HEARINGS

Faith Turner of 20 Gray Pine Common was scheduled to attend the meeting, but at the last minute was unable to attend. Montgomery reviewed the list of outstanding violations, and was asked to take a look during the spring inspection to determine if there were other areas that were in violation. The manager was directed to cite the Turners to appear at the April meeting and to notify them that the purpose of their attendance was to report on their plans to correct the mandatory exterior maintenance obligations.

RESIDENT/HOME OWNER COMMENTS

None

SOCIAL COMMITTEE

Hessert-Blawie reported as to the results of the activity interest survey. 73 residents responded by email. A bonfire and Happy hour, the Halloween party, Friday night Pickleball and a movie night were the favorite choices. A community-wide tag sale and an international food festival had interest, but there was no one willing to chair the events.  Hessert-Blawie will reach out to the volunteer coordinators for the favorite activities, and will offer names of those willing to help. Final plans will be run by the Committee and Rossetti.

 

There is an unofficial Pond Place Facebook page run by James Pabich of 8 Finch Run that has 133 followers. He would be willing to share this domain with a Board member, and it could be used to list activities and contact other participants of activities. Salokas will research this. Rossetti noted it would need a disclaimer as it is not official, and would prefer the committee use W&K blast emails.

 

Rossetti and the Board thanked Hessert-Blawie for all her work.

WEBSITE REPORT

Williams reported that Weston and Gina Hamilton have been working on corrections and updates to the Trusted Provider site in accordance with guidance previously provided by Attorney McCracken.

PRESIDENT’S REPORT

Rossetti spoke with Attorney McCracken about the By Laws update and the proposal to limit the percentage of rental properties in Pond Place. Under our existing rules, we can pass a Rule that 50% of properties must be owner-occupied. Uzwack and Salokas will research and report on the current percentage of properties that are rentals. Uzwack moved that the Pond Place Association limit the unit rentals to 50% (105 units) and that Attorney McCracken draft this Rule and record it on the Land Records. Discussion as to enforcement and the requirement of the owner to notify Management of the tenants’ names and contact information ensued. This information could be used to allow the Association to reach out to the tenants, welcome them to the community and send an electronic information packet to them.  The motion was seconded and passed unanimously.

MANAGER’S REPORT

Montgomery reported that he has begun the Spring inspection and will have a partial draft for the April 25th Board meeting. The final draft will be ready by May 15th in order for notices to go out in a timely manner. Rossetti moved that new violations that require seasonal time to complete, such as roofing, staining and major carpentry work, have a compliance date of October 15th. Minor violations such as debris removal, broken windows and missing house numbers, etc. would have a 45-day compliance time. The motion was seconded and passed.

TREASURER’S REPORT

Salokas reported that she still cannot tie into our accounts with W&K. She spoke with Carmen Rivera as to account receivables, but a conference call with the staff is needed and Salokas will schedule it for the following week. Downey asked to be included in this call.

OLD BUSINESS

Rossetti reported that he has put pressure on the attorneys for the purchase of 150 Darling Drive to move the contract preparation forward and to clear any minor legal issues needed to close the deal. He hopes to have these things done by the April meeting.

 

Title searches of both the 195 West Main Street property and Pond Place have not uncovered any easement or right for the 195 West Main Street property to discharge surface water onto Pond Place property. A third search is underway by Attorney David Barry and should be concluded by the April meeting.

NEW BUSINESS

Rossetti nominated Cary Henderson of 1 Finch Run to be an alternate to the DRC, and the motion was seconded. Discussion ensued as to the necessity of having an alternate, and Rossetti reported that the Association’s original documents included a provision for a DRC alternate. This would be helpful should a member have a conflict of interest or be unavailable due to an extended absence. The motion was passed unanimously.

 

With no further business,

MEETING ADJOURNED at 7:31 p.m.

Judith Larkin, Secretary

Comments are closed.

Close Search Window