POND PLACE ASSOCIATION VIRTUAL GOVERNORS’ MEETING SEPT 28, 2023
Christopher Rossetti, President
Mitch Uzwack, Vice President
Judith Larkin, Secretary
Katia Salokas, Treasurer
UNIT OWNERS PRESENT
Steven and Bonnie Feinstein
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER AT 6:32PM
RESIDENT/HOME OWNER COMMENTS
7 Clover Court: The Feinsteins reported that they were having problems getting approval for the colors to paint their house, garage and shed. Rossetti recommended that the DRC look at their application again, and either Rossetti or Montgomery would get back to them. They also reported that a man was sleeping in a car in front of #5, and had relieved himself in the yard. Management and police had been notified, but nothing had changed. Montgomery will send a violation letter to #5 owners, and recommended they contact police again. Rossetti reminded the Feinsteins that they were under daily fine until the mandated exterior maintenance was completed.
8 Arrowhead: Ana Cruise, the new owner, introduced herself to the Board. She has contractors ready to reroof #9 Arrowhead on October 3rd and requested rapid approval of her application for modification. Montgomery said that if the application meets the guidelines, the DRC will readily approve it.
1 Owl Court: Paula Davenport reported that several trees on her and her neighbor’s property needed maintenance. Rossetti recommended she go to the Town Office, check her plot plan and see if the trees are on her EUA. She can then submit an application to have them removed.
DESIGN REVIEW COMMITTEE
None, as Treasurer is absent.
Rossetti reported that the fourth and final treatment has been done to the pond. He is pleased with its appearance, and there is wildlife on the pond.
He has authorized cutting the Phragmites to the left of the dock. Mark Roland of Life Inc. Ponds will submit a formal proposal to treat the Phragmites chemically next year. It would be a three-year plan, and would address the plants by the spillway, to the left of the dock, and by Rte 44 at the far end of the pond. The growth near the dam needs cutting, and the logs on the spillway still have not been removed.
Larkin reported that plans for Pond Place Day are in full swing, and the committee will have a final meeting on October 16th. Leaders have committed for all activities, and Hessert-Blawie will be sending out a flyer soon.
Weston reported that he met with Williams and Uzwack to discuss the SOP for uploading to and maintenance of our website. Montgomery will help Gina Hamilton with the billing procedure. Rossetti hopes to formally adopt the document at the October meeting.
Montgomery reported that all record keeping at W&K is done digitally and saved to the Cloud. Rossetti asked what files are available, and when can they be accessed. Salokas will present a proposal for saving records to the cloud. Invoices are kept in our Strongroom, and can be downloaded. We have the option to send them to W&K to be put in the Cloud.
Montgomery reported that the fall inspection would be completed by the end of October. Rossetti wants the violation notices to go out by the end of October. Patenaude suggested that open violations be inspected first so that fines can be assessed in a timely fashion. In the future, we would aim for an annual inspection in April, with just a recheck of violations in October. Rossetti indicated that would be feasible once the backlog of incomplete exterior maintenance had been reduced. Montgomery agreed all current violators would be reinspected for compliance in October, with notices and opportunity to be heard scheduled for the October Board meeting.
Rossetti has received numerous suggestions from the community for additions to the Building Guide. Revisions will be sent to the Board and the DRC for review and possible incorporation, and the Guide will be put on October’s agenda.
Salokas, Rossetti and Downey have worked on an accounting manual for the Tax District. M. Guidice is typing it up, and it will be sent to the appropriate people to review. The manual will then be sent to the Board for approval.
Rossetti moved we approve and accept Gregory McCracken Esq.’s proposal of September 8, 2023 regarding amending and restating the Declarations of Pond Place. The motion was seconded and passed.
Montgomery reported that 3 Finch Run has asked for an extension for the completion of their deck staining until spring. The Board agreed that they could be given until the day before Thanksgiving to finish the project.
The non-compliant building of a shed at 10 Edgewood has stopped. The owners were given until the day before Thanksgiving to finish the shed in accordance with the guidelines.
The mailboxes for Finch Run were repaired several months ago but the repair has not been stained. Montgomery will put in a work order.
MEETING ADJOURNED at 7:42 P.M.
Judith Larkin, Secretary