Absent: Mike Montgomery
Christopher Rossetti, President, Director
Judith Larkin, Clerk, Director
Greg Weston, Director
John Williams, Director
Mitch Uzwack, Vice President, Director
Katia Salokas, Treasurer
Austin Pastenaude, Director
Mark Charette, Representative of Charles Schwab, Inc.
Unit Owners Present:
Meeting called to order
Meeting called to order at 8:22pm
Minutes of June 22, 2023 approved as corrected.
Presentation by Marc Charette of Charles Schwab
Mr. Charette introduced himself as a Vice President and Financial Planner at Charles Schwab Investment Management, Inc., and spoke of how a Capital Reserve Account with Charles Schwab would benefit Pond Place. There is no management fee for a self-directed account, an agent is available for assistance 24/7 and transactions can always be processed during business hours. There are no set-up or other fees, unless we need the services of an outside asset manager. Mr.Charette will provide guidance in establishing a ladder of suitable investments and will provide quarterly reviews without charge.
Rossetti moved that we engage the services of Charles Schwab. The motion was seconded and passed.
The removal of dead trees on Common property has been completed. McClellan Tree Service removed 25 trees for a sum of $4500.
Rossetti and Salokas will open an account with Charles Schwab and transfer funds from the Capital Reserve Account from LPL, Gilbert and Timey to Charles Schwab.
M&S Paving will give us a quote for repairing select catch basins and roadways. Rossetti will circulate this with the Board.
The Financials were emailed to the Board, as was the final audit Report for 21-22. There was no discussion due to the absence of the Treasurer.
Rossetti spoke with W&K maintenance, and they will move forward with the old projects of painting benches, the retaining wall by the Gray Pine Pathway, the retaining wall along the path near the pond, the two currently unstained planting bed retaining walls in the front entrance area, and installing the handrail on the retaining wall behind Highland Square. Repairs to the Guardrail will also be done.
- The retaining wall by the old bus stop by Owl Court needs repair. The guardrails will be removed if not needed, and be stored for future use next to the shed. A bench,similar to the existing benches near the pond, will be built and installed by W&K.
Rossetti moved we solicit a quote of not more than a $1000 to rebuild the retaining wall and build and install a bench. The motion was seconded and passed.
- Rossetti discussed the needed repairs of the pathway between Owl Court homes #4, 5 and 6.He moved we hire Kas Mersini Masonry to do this work as per the circulated contract.
The motion was seconded and passed.
- Rossetti moved we hire M&G Landscaping as per circulated contract to plant the formerly approved trees. The motion was seconded and passed.
- Discussion of the Cloud based record retention initiative was tabled until Salokas can present a written proposal.
- The poison ivy mitigation proposal was tabled until Uzwack can make a presentation.
- Rossetti reported that Susan Franke, Clerk, has resigned. He moved that Judith Larkin fill her unexpired term as Clerk. The motion was seconded and passed.
- Rossetti will be away from August 1-13. Williams will be available in case of an emergency, and will call Alyre Saunier at W&K if someone needs to attend to the dam.
Meeting adjourned at 8:57PM
Judith Larkin, Clerk