Association Meeting Minutes|

Meeting Minutes
July 28, 2022
Virtual Governor’s Meeting @ 6:30 PM
Roll Call
Christopher Rossetti, President, Governor
John Williams, Secretary/Governor
Sue Jansen, Governor
Mitch Uzwack, Governor
Susan Franke, Governor

Katia Salokas, Governor, Treasurer
Austin Patenaude, Governor

Unit Owners
Amber Jones
Judy Larkin
Suresh (9 Gray Pine Common)
Lois Hessert-Blawie
Ann Costello
Carol Shaw
Jim Downie Greg Weston
Property Managers
Michael Montgomery
Lauren Pizzoferrato

Meeting called to order at 6:31PM

Approval of Minutes of January-June 2022 Minutes – Chris moved to approve the minutes as previously circulated. Susan seconds.  Motion passed unanimously. Judy Larkin abstained with respect to the January-April 2022 minutes. 

Resident/Homeowner Questions and Comments

Ann Costello asked why can’t we have metal doors.  Amber responded that the DRC cannot find a metal door that resembles the current style.  If there is an alternative to the current material, Amber asked Ann to send it to the DRC if it is comparable.

Opportunity to be Heard:

Mandatory Tree Removal – 9 Gray Pine Common – Suresh, authorized representative of corporate owner, agreed to submit an application with the DRC and remove the large bifurcated white pine described in the report of Bartlett Tree Service within 45 days of today’s date.

PRESIDENT’S REPORT by Christopher Rossetti (transcribed as submitted.)

The draft Xfinity/Comcast Community Services Agreement was reviewed by Ford & Paulekas, LLP and two further changes were advised: (1) adding a statement of work which mandated repair of damaged or unsafe Comcast fixtures in Pond Place and (2) increasing the compensation to $125/unit, which the firm’s clients have been paid in the past by Comcast. The ball on this is back in Comcast’s court and we are awaiting their response.

Susan Franke and I, with the assistance of notes made by Lauren Pizzoferrato, drafted the January, February, March and April minutes and put the May and June minutes into proper order. This was a very time-consuming activity for which I will be seeking the board’s approval for some compensation for Susan Franke.

Progress has been made on the website redesign project and I anticipate it will be unveiled sometime in August. The developer, Gena Hamilton, has requested that board members provide her with headshots and e-mail addresses. There is no obligation to do so but it is encouraged.

It will be necessary to elect new officers since Gary Gianini and Charles Wall have resigned their positions as officers of Northington Meadows. Susan Jansen who was the Northington Treasurer has volunteered to continue on in that capacity. Until the spring of 2021 there had always been an identity of the Northington officers with those of the Pond Place Association & Tax Districts, just as there had always been an identity of officers between the Association and Tax District. This rational approach might have avoided the confusion and tardiness that manifested itself in the management of the pond over the past 16 months. We should return to that arrangement going forward with an exception for the Treasury function because of Susan’s familiarity with the duties, possession of the books and willingness to serve.

As I have stated in the past, I would like to explore whether Northington Meadows as organized and operated, really affords any significant protection to the members of the Pond Place Association in the event of a pond related personal injury, a dam break or other significant claim which exceeds our insurance coverage. If not, dissolving Northington Meadow, Inc. and transferring the pond parcel of land to either the Association or Tax District would provide some cost savings and eliminate the bureaucracy attendant on having to process everything through two organizations. It would be my intention to obtain written guidance from King & King and from a law firm which has competence in the field of both non-profit wind ups and corporate law so we could make a rational and correct decision on this. An opinion from Christopher King has already been requested. I will be trying to identify law firms with the requisite expertise and obtain their fee structure in August.

The pond has had the full course of treatments the Northington Board, over my objection, contracted with the Pond & Lake Connection to provide. I am not impressed with the results to date and would encourage everyone to have a look at it as it has likely reached its maximum point of improvement this season.


Inspections Update/Violation Letters – received 19 DRC requests in response to the notices and also several compliance letters.  Mike and Lauren will update the matrix for the October 1st deadline.

DRC REPORT – Amber Jones, Chairperson

Building Guide Revisions Project – a lot of applications are being processed. Nothing as yet has been received from 3 Finch Run regarding the reconfiguration of their unauthorized deck. Judy Larkin’s resignation as alternate on the DRC was   Chris nominated Lois Hessert-Blawie to succeed her. Mitch seconded.  Motion passed unanimously.  Amber thanked Judy for all of her help.


Treasurer absent and no report furnished.

NORTHINGTON MEADOW, INC. REPORT – by Susan Jansen, Treasurer

Sue reported both Charlie Wall and Gary Gianini had resigned as officers but that she would stay on as Treasurer if the Board so wished.

Chris suggested that the Northington officers duplicate those of the Pond Place Association, Inc. as had been the tradition and nominated himself to serve as President, Mitch Uzwack as Vice-President, and Susan Franke as Secretary but with Susan Jansen remaining on as Treasurer. Mitch seconded.  Motion passed unanimously.

POND PLACE WEB SITE PROGRESS REPORT – by John Williams, Websmaster 

John reported the redesign is going well.  Gena is working with the hosting company.  Gena has requested photos of Pond Place for use in the redesigned site. John requested photos be e-mailed to him so he could adjust pixel density and crop. Gena requested the 2022 minutes for posting. 

Mitch asked if we have an arial photo.  John will ask a neighbor if he can do that.  Gena asked for head shots and email addresses.  Chris stated these are optional. Chris stated he will encourage people to send photos in the next President Letter.  Chris asked Mike to send a blast email to owners to submit photos.




Northington Meadows, Inc. Election of Officers for FY 22-23 (see above).

Variance request for a deck expansion from 172 sq. feet to 272 sq. feet exceeding the 216 square foot deck 11 Clover Court was presented. The variance was granted unanimously with Governor Susan Franke abstaining.

Tennis court estimate was approximately $20,000.  Mike stated he is trying to get additional quotes.

Gwenn asked if we could add pickle balls lines as well as tennis court lines.

Chris stated it is a great suggestion and directed Mike to include that in the specs.

The Board unanimously agreed to hold the remainder of its 2022 meetings as follows:


Future Meetings
August 25, 2022
September 22, 2022
October 27, 2022
November 30, 2022 (moved due to Thanksgiving)
December 22, 2022
Meeting adjourned at 7:25 PM

Respectfully submitted by Susan Franke, Secretary  

Comments are closed.

Close Search Window